My Last First Day of School... Ever

Summer 2017, where did you go? You were full of so many laughs, smiles, and joyous moments that I will remember for a lifetime--completing my first internship, surviving a sprained ankle, thriving at Faster Horses with my best friends, spending a majority of the weekends at Posey Lake, making new friendships and rekindling some old ones, as well. Although this summer has come to an end, I am so excited to begin my fourth and final year of college tomorrow.

It is absolutely crazy to look back at how different my life was three years ago from today. I wasn't even 18, I was dating someone I thought I was going to be with forever, and I was moving into a dorm at Western Michigan University.

This week I turn 21, that person I thought I was going to be with forever isn't even a part of my life anymore, and I am starting my last year of school at Toledo.

Every single one of my dreams, plans, and aspirations have changed. I have spent the greater part of the last three years finding myself. I let myself get lost in the whirlwind of naivety and life, but after lots of patience, acceptance, and understanding, I have finally found myself.

I am young, I have nothing holding me back, and I have an outstanding support system of family, friends, and sisters. This is the time in my life to take chances, make mistakes, and learn from everything and everyone around me. So here's to a summer of growth, and to an incredible school year ahead. The finish line is near and I cannot wait to see what the journey there has in store.

Thank you, Summer 2017. You were magical.

xo, Alex

Comments

Popular Posts